The Power of Virtual Desktops
Posted August 4, 2020 in Security
Given the diverse needs of the always-connected workforce and workplace changes due to COVID-19, we are helping many companies move to Desktop as a Service (DaaS), delivering fully managed virtual desktops (DVI).
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, this relatively new category of cloud service surfaced to supply DaaS to address the rising bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend.
With so many people working remotely, part-time or as consultants, and the rising cyber-security risks, you may want to consider if DaaS can benefit your business.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What are your security concerns regarding remote employees?
- What compliance regulations must your employees follow?
- How often do you have to scale your workforce for seasonal business cycles?
- What is your estimated cost of devices and desktop management?
- Do your employees work with sensitive data in a shared or highly collaborative environment?
With DaaS local desktops move to the cloud instead of working with critical data and applications locally. Your employees will use their devices to access a virtualized cloud desktop. User hardware won’t run applications and data locally. The virtual desktop simply serves as a portal for secure application delivery from the cloud.
While local desktops can be easily manipulated and hijacked, cloud desktops are resilient to malicious injection and ransomware. All applications and software updates and security patches can be installed at once instead of individually across multiple devices.
- Fast installation of DaaS
- Potential device cost savings as workers can provide their own devices
- Speedy application delivery to all locations
- Ability to revoke access instantly with no footprints left behind on the local desktop
- Easy access to corporate applications and data anywhere, anytime
- Easy transition for employees with Microsoft Windows desktop option
- Disaster recovery
Not only does DaaS provide an end-user experience fitting for the modern workplace, it also offers a range of benefits worth considering. Want to learn more or see if DaaS is right for your business, contact iTelecom today.