What does SD-WAN management provide that you cannot easily provide yourself? Ask yourself three questions.
1. Do I have the internal expertise to design and manage a redundant WAN solution?
Tasks to consider:
- Finding, researching, and selecting the correct software and hardware (routers, switches, etc.).
- Choosing the best primary and secondary carrier services for connectivity and voice services. Some carrier services are sub-par. Without the experience of vetting carriers, it can be pretty frustrating.
- Assuming you find the right mix of hardware and services, you’ll have to put everything together, such as configuring voice and data traffic, testing, and managing cyber security.
- Completing these tasks is just the start. It requires consistent, ongoing management to keep your SD-WAN working for you. At a minimum, you will need to download patches for security and updates for your hardware and software. When a problem arises, you’ll need to pull resources from other work to address your SD-WAN.
2. Am I putting my IT resources to their best use?
Your team can focus:
- Use tech to build your business
- Upgrade your website functionality
- Enhance your ecommerce to drive sales
- Select and manage online tools to keep your business running with internal and external communications, human resources, payroll, CRM, and other applications
- Develop new products
- Improve your services via customer engagement and fulfillment
3. How will outsourcing SD-WAN reduce my costs?
- Free up manhours so your team can focus on building your business
- Lower fixed cost of hardware and connectivity options
- Increase the reliability and efficiency of your connectivity to improve employee productivity and customer satisfaction
- Improves security by leveraging encryption and VPNs
When you work with a reputable provider like iTelecom, you get 24/7/365 support from a cutting-edge team. We can work with a mix of new and legacy tech because that is what we do every day for all types of businesses. iTelecom also offers cloud, connectivity, IoT, and business services to complement your SD-WAN solution.