As our iTelecom team continues to grow and we add new salespeople, I’ve been reading about the latest sales prospecting best practices. Over 40% of sales reps see prospecting as the most challenging stage of the sales process. Here are some interesting stats about B2B buyers that hit home for my team and me.
- 95% of buyers research companies online before making purchases.
- 91% of buyers don’t mind engaging with a sales rep in the early stages of their buying journey. As a salesperson, this means that you have a great chance to influence the sale and quickly drive it in the right direction.
- 60% of buyers want to contact a sales rep during the consideration stage. This is after they have researched and shortlisted their options, so they are warm leads.
- 50% of buyers choose the vendor that reaches out or responds to them first. Your prompt actions matter; so, move quickly.
- 69% of buyers have accepted a call from new salespeople in the past 12 months. Don’t underestimate the power of a phone call.
- 80% of buyers say they prefer to be contacted by sellers via email. This means that both calling and emailing are necessary in your prospecting efforts.
Asking between 11–14 questions during a lead call translates to 74% greater success.
I don’t know about you, but all of these statistics make me smile and excited to get out there and sell.