Six Useful Sales Prospecting Statistics
Posted October 8, 2020 in Sales
As our iTelecom team continues to grow and we add new salespeople, I’ve been reading about the latest sales prospecting best practices. Over 40% of sales reps see prospecting as the most challenging stage of the sales process. Here are some interesting stats about B2B buyers that hit home for my team and me.
- 95% of buyers research companies online before making purchases.
- 91% of buyers don’t mind engaging with a sales rep in the early stages of their buying journey. As a salesperson, this means that you have a great chance to influence the sale and quickly drive it in the right direction.
- 60% of buyers want to contact a sales rep during the consideration stage. This is after they have researched and shortlisted their options, so they are warm leads.
- 50% of buyers choose the vendor that reaches out or responds to them first. Your prompt actions matter; so, move quickly.
- 69% of buyers have accepted a call from new salespeople in the past 12 months. Don’t underestimate the power of a phone call.
- 80% of buyers say they prefer to be contacted by sellers via email. This means that both calling and emailing are necessary in your prospecting efforts.
Asking between 11–14 questions during a lead call translates to 74% greater success.
I don’t know about you, but all of these statistics make me smile and excited to get out there and sell.
Posted October 22, 2020 in General